Thursday, January 15, 2009

Infinitea


During my recent trip to Bangalore, my cousin's wife recommended I visit Infinitea -- a tea house on Cunningham Road. I was interested to hear that Bangalore had a tea house. People from Karanataka, or in general from South India, are proud of their coffee and call themselves coffee drinkers. I was excited that a tea house had joined a city home to India Coffee House and Koshy's.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but the experience was really worth it. Cunningham Road has it's traffic and noise, but when you enter Infinitea it's really peaceful and for a second you forget that you are in the middle of a city. The tea house is also decorated really well. For instance, there are posters all over the wall with cute tea quotes, such as: "Make Tea, Not War."

They offer a large selection of tea (from all over the world) and also tea meals/food. Their menu even explains the different "tea intensities" (how strong each tea is...). Great for first time visitors.

My fellow blogger decided to get a Kashmiri tea which included crushed almonds giving it subtle sweet taste.

You can also buy tea to go -- I bought Niligiri tea leaves (one of the only teas indigenous to Karnataka).

The only thing to watch out for are tea prices -- as in any tea store, teas vary in price. Don't let this limit your experience though! It's a great way to spend time with friends, family , or reflect by yourself. Promise you'll love the tea experience!

Next time you are in Bangalore, I recommend you go and check out Infinitea. Here's the address:
2, Shah Sultan Complex, Cunningham Road, Bangalore

No comments: